Thank you for your interest in Carmichael College. Enrolment at Carmichael is by application using the following process:
- Parents obtain an enrolment package (either download or contact Registrar)
- Submit completed application for enrolment and supporting documentation to Registrar
- An enrolment interview will take place subject to enrolment pressure
- Your application will be accepted, declined or placed on a waiting list
Download an Enrolment Application Form (pdf)
Download a 2018 Parent Handbook (pdf)
Tuition Fees 2018
The fee schedule below is for domestic students. Fees for overseas students may be obtained from the Registrar.
Tuition Fee Policies
1. Carmichael College’s strategic plan identifies that the College is to conduct its relationships, programs and business dealings in a way that demonstrates Christian values and ethics. Parents are likewise accountable to the College for prompt and full payment of invoiced fees according to the terms of enrolment.
2. Due Dates – Fees are due on the first day of each term unless an alternate schedule has been agreed to in writing with the Accounts Manager. An invoice notifying parents of the amount due will be sent out at least 21 days prior to each due date.
3. Family Discount – The following reduction in tuition fees is applied when more than one student per family attends the College in Prep to Year 6:
2 Students – 10% reduction to every student
3 Students – 15% reduction to every student
4 Students – 25% reduction to every student
5 Students – 30% reduction to every student
6 Students – 40% reduction to every student
4. Early Payment Discount – An early payment discount of 5% off the tuition fees applies if the full year tuition fee is paid prior to 27th January 2017.
5. Contacting Accounts – The preferred method of communication with the Accounts Manager is via e-mail (email@example.com). This is especially important if you are making requests to the Accounts Manager so that the two-way communication can be fully documented for future reference. Parents are also strongly encouraged to provide a current email address to ensure that important financial information such as invoices, payment plans and other notifications are received in a timely manner.
6. Payment Method – Our preferred method of payment is BPAY.
7. On-Time Payment of Fees – The College has a strict policy that fees are to be kept current in order for the College to remain sustainable and affordable for everyone. You may want to consider implementing a regular payment plan in cooperation with the Accounts Manager to spread the cost of your fees over the course of the year. Failure to pay fees will result in your child’s enrolment being cancelled. Communication with the Accounts Manager is vital if you experience a sudden or unexpected financial difficulty. All parents or guardians who have signed a Confirmation of Enrolment are jointly and severally liable for the payment of fees. The College reserves the right to make an overdue charge of 10% of the outstanding balance if fees remain unpaid at the end of the year.
8. Notification of Withdrawal – Notification of withdrawal of enrolment from the College must be in writing (letter or email), giving one full term’s notice. Otherwise, fees for the following term become due and payable.
9. Confirmation of Enrolment Fee – The confirmation of enrolment fee of $300 is payable immediately after the student enrolment position is confirmed. The confirmation of enrolment fee is non-refundable if the student does not start at the College on the agreed starting date. The confirmation of enrolment fee paid will be transferred to the student school fee account on commencement of the student at the College.
10. Exclusion of Students – Exclusion of students from the College will entitle parents to have the fees owing adjusted up to the date of exclusion.
11. Building Fund / Library Fund Contributions (Tax Deductible): Suggested contribution is $250 per year per family. Cheques are to be made payable to the Carmichael College Building Fund.
12. Instrumental Music – Tuition fees are invoiced directly from the instrumental teacher.
13. Excursions, Camps and Other Activities – Excursions are beneficial learning activities and are encouraged. The cost of most of these excursions is relatively small and included in the fees for tuition. Where the cost of an excursion, camp, or other activity is significant, an amount will be charged separately in the term in which the event occurs. Teachers are required to consider the interests of students and the cost impact on families for these activities and justify them to College management.
The cost of these separate excursions or camps must be paid in full prior to the event. Where tuition fees are outstanding, parents are expected to bring their account up to date before students will be permitted to attend.