1. The School collects personal information, including sensitive information about pupils and parents or guardians before and during the course of a pupil’s enrolment at the School. This may be in writing or in the course of conversations. The primary purpose of collecting this information is to enable the School to provide schooling to the pupil and to enable them to take part in all the activities of the School.
2. Some of the information we collect is to satisfy the School’s legal obligations, particularly to enable the School to discharge its duty of care.
3. Laws governing or relating to the operation of a school require certain information to be collected and disclosed. These include relevant Education Acts, and Public Health and Child Protection laws.
4. Health information about pupils is sensitive information within the terms of the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act. We may ask you to provide medical reports about pupils from time to time.
5. The School from time to time discloses personal and sensitive information to others for administrative and educational purposes, including to facilitate the transfer of a pupil to another school. This includes to other schools, government departments, medical practitioners, and people providing services to the School, including specialist visiting teachers, coaches, volunteers and counsellors.
6. Personal information collected from pupils is regularly disclosed to their parents or guardians.
7. Generally the School does not store personal information in the ‘cloud’ – which means that it resides on off-site servers. There are limited occasions when cloud storage may involve servers situated outside Australia, in which case appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place – as required in Australia.
10. As you may know the School from time to time engages in fundraising activities. Information received from you may be used to make an appeal to you. It may also be disclosed to organisations that assist in the School’s fundraising activities solely for that purpose. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent. Provision is also made for individuals to opt-out from direct marketing.
11. On occasions information such as academic and sporting achievements, pupil activities such as school camps and excursions and similar news is published in School newsletters, magazines and through our online media channels. This may include photographs and video clips.
12. We may include pupils’ and pupils’ parents’ contact details in a class list and School directory.
13. If you provide the School with the personal information of others, such as doctors or emergency contacts, we encourage you to inform them that you are disclosing that information to the School and why, that they can access that information if they wish and that the School does not usually disclose this information to third parties.